The best bit about homemade protein bars? You have complete control over what’s in them. Which means? You can up their nutritional ante with the addition of super-charged ingredients such as antioxidant-rich berries, power-packed spices and natural sweeteners. Ultimately, they become almost guilt-free.
- 8 squares
- 170g almond butter
- 75g butter
- 100g honey
- 100g dried apricots
- 25g mixed seeds
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsb bicarbonate of soda
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 100g wholemeal self raising flour
- Melt butter, almond butter and honey in a large saucepan.
- Add the protein powder, apricots, seeds, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, flour and oats. Press into a greased or lined bake tray.
- Bake at 180℃ for 20 minutes until the edges are crisp but it’s still soft in the middle.
- Leave in the tray until completely cool, then cut into eight squares and refrigerate.
Nutrition (per square):
- Calories 308
- Protein 8g
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 35g